Uncommon Sense Physique
Helping motivated men and womenkick middle age to the curb!
Just what the world needed…
… another fitness transformation site with plenty of FREE STUFF, paid programs, group coaching and more.
So what makes this one any different?
Well first, you won’t find any of those horrendously long pages of sales copy. You know the ones. They go on and on for fucking ever, telling you everything and nothing about how they’ve unlocked the secret to your success. They list the endless benefits of their unique programming and nutrition protocols, assigning three and four digit values to the content you are soon to unlock. But of course, they won’t charge YOU that amount; you can have it all for just $37 bucks (it’s never a round number, am I right?). Sometimes, there’s even a flash-sale, just when you happen to be visiting. How bloody marvelous! Now it’s only $29…. but only if you purchase in the next 15 minutes (cue spurious timer).
In all seriousness, though, I am genuinely tired of how this industry has evolved. Clickbait sales copy, a few transformation pics and you’re down the rabbit hole. Sometimes the experience is good, but too many times it isn’t. And that shit works unfortunately, and I mean not to do that to you!
Here at Uncommon Sense Physique, I want to do things right.
So what does that look like? Why is this little slice of the internet so damn special?
- No click-bait headlines, dodgy timers or fake sales events.
- Only round-number pricing; that $7 doesn’t go very far nowadays.
- No red-pill-blue-pill dichotomies!
The last thing you need is more information!
But you can’t help someone that is not yet ready to be helped.
In the fitness and transformation space, this looks like people saying one thing and doing another. Saying “I want to get lean” but continuing to over-eat and finding ways to justify their actions. Or saying “I want to put on muscle“, but failing to eat sufficient calories and half-assing (or even skipping!) their workouts. Professing to wanting to be healthier, but still eating out of packets and eating minimally from unprocessed whole-food sources. And even the ones that see some initial success will struggle to maintain progress. Why?
Because they do not yet identify as the person they aspire to be.
So my job is threefold:
- Help you understand your values and forge a new identity.
- Welcome you into a community of like-minded people that share the same vision and ideals
- Provide you with coaching, support and accountability to facilitate lasting change.
Does this resonate with you? Are you looking for something more than just another workout or meal plan? Have you come to realize that there’s something more fundamental, more visceral, in the way of lasting change for you? If so, then answer this final question…
Are you ready to change? Or are you still just looking for yet more information?
Why work with me?
Perhaps you’re doing the wrong workout? Perhaps you’re not doing the right workout? Perhaps you’re not working out right? What about the diet? Eating too much? Too little? What about food quality? Nutritional health? Scale constantly heading in the wrong direction? What about sleep? Stress? Recovery? How’s your mind game? Do you have a clear goal? What about a plan? Bad habits in the way of progress?
Whatever it is, I assume you’re here for a reason. Lack of progress and “gaps” of one sort or another. But I still didn’t answer the question. Why work with me? What makes me so special?
Special? Not so much; maybe not at all. But I think there’s a number of reasons why you’ll want me in your corner.
- I’ve been a professional manager and coach in the tech industry for more than twenty years, helping individuals at Silicon Valley giants like YouTube and Google achieve their goals and be the very best they can be.
- Coaching is about people, not programs or meal plans. And at the heart of coaching is communication and behavior change. Realizing your full potential comes down to building the best version of yourself, and that means shutting down bad behaviors and negative self-talk, and systematically and incrementally driving positive change to support your goals.
- Coaching is about communication, so given we’ll be working “online”, you’ll at least want (1) a real human on the end of the wire, and (2) someone that’s been around the block and has the maturity, wisdom, experience and empathy to help you cope with everything that life has to throw at you.
- People also say you can’t outrun a bad diet. But I’ll go one further and say that diet and nutrition is the foundation of all transformation; body and mind. The trouble is, far too many coaches focus either exclusively on the training, or provide clients with insufficient nutritional advice for them to lead a healthy lifestyle. This is why I opted to invest in becoming a Precision Nutrition Certified Coach. The Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certification is the industry’s most respected education program that gives coaches the knowledge, systems, and tools they need to really understand how nutrition influences a person’s health and fitness.
- I’m also a fully Certified Online Trainer with the Online Trainer Academy.