Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 tbsp Coconut flour
- 4 tbsp Almond butter
- ~3 scoops Protein powder
- 60 pieces Chocolate chips (optional)
- ~1/2 cup Almond or regular milk
- Truvia or Stevia if you want it a little sweeter
Any protein powder will do, and the exact amount will vary somewhat depending on the brand and type of protein. I used BioTrust Chocolate for mine, and three scoops was about 60g or so of protein. I also added some Guittard dark chocolate chips to mine, that’s where the extra sugar and a little saturated fat creeps in to the macros. I also used regular 2% milk.
- Mix the coconut flour, chocolate chips and protein powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the almond butter.
- Break-up the almond butter, mixing with the dry powder until the almond butter is clumpy.
- Start to add the milk, a little at time, mixing as you go.
- When you have a malleable, dough-like mixture, you are done.
- Sprinkle a little coconut flour onto the counter or chopping board, and onto your fingers.
- Scoop out the dough and massage into a “log” or “bar” shape ~1″ in diameter and 8″ long
- Flour a sharp knife and cut into 8 equal-sized chunks (start in the middle, and half the bar/sections 7 times)
- Lightly dust all sides with coconut flour to stop them sticking
- Place in a Tupperware container and store in the fridge.